Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the wings with the thicker skin side up on a rimmed baking sheet with wire racks (which helps promote even cooking).
- Sprinkle the wings liberally with fine Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (or salt of your choice).
- Bake the wings for 45 minutes.
- When the wings have 12 minutes left to bake, start the sauce.
- Heat a medium to large skillet over medium heat, and add the coconut aminos.
- Add in the ginger powder, garlic granules, onion powder, and red pepper flakes (if desired). As the sauce begins to bubble, stir. Continue to stir periodically as the sauce bubbles. Reduce the heat as needed to avoid reducing it too quickly.
- The sauce will be reduced properly when it gets a little thick, and when you push it around the pan with a silicone scraper, it takes a few seconds to fill back in behind the utensil. Reduce heat to low until the wings are done cooking.
- Place the wings in a large heatproof bowl, and pour the sauce over them. Stir to evenly coat with the sauce, and serve!
You can grill the wings instead of baking them. Just grill over medium low heat. It will take about 30 minutes for them to cook completely - turn several times throughout cooking to ensure even cooking. You can also add a few drops of your favorite fish sauce for an extra dose of umami.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week