Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings
We just love this recipe for wings. They are definitely hard to describe: sweet, crispy, a little sticky. They are our favorite way to prepare wings now, and it's a super simple recipe!
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Chicken Wings, Buffalo Cut
- 1 1/2 tsp 1 1/2 tsp 1 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the wings with the thicker skin side up on a rimmed baking sheet with wire racks (which helps promote even cooking).
- Sprinkle the wings liberally with fine Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (or salt of your choice).
- Bake the wings for 45 minutes.
- When the wings have 12 minutes left to bake, start the sauce.
- Heat a medium to large skillet over medium heat, and add the coconut aminos.
- Add in the ginger powder, garlic granules, onion powder, and red pepper flakes (if desired). As the sauce begins to bubble, stir. Continue to stir periodically as the sauce bubbles. Reduce the heat as needed to avoid reducing it too quickly.
- The sauce will be reduced properly when it gets a little thick, and when you push it around the pan with a silicone scraper, it takes a few seconds to fill back in behind the utensil. Reduce heat to low until the wings are done cooking.
- Place the wings in a large heatproof bowl, and pour the sauce over them. Stir to evenly coat with the sauce, and serve!
You can grill the wings instead of baking them. Just grill over medium low heat. It will take about 30 minutes for them to cook completely - turn several times throughout cooking to ensure even cooking. You can also add a few drops of your favorite fish sauce for an extra dose of umami.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I love this recipe so much! I did them on my smoker tonight and they were perfecto. My Guy asks me at least 3 times each time I make them if the sauce is really just reduced coconut aminos haha! So easy so good! Thank you!