Sunflower Sprout Salad
Sunflower sprouts are a delicious side on their own, but our favorite way to enjoy them is tossed into a green salad. For a touch of color and flavor, we added grated carrots and hearts of palm to complete this salad.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sunflower Sprouts, Organic
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Lettuce, Spring Mix Salad Greens
- 2 2 2 Green Onion, chopped
- 2 2 2 Hearts of Palm, chopped
- 2 2 2 Carrots, grated
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, Juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse spouts under cool water, and allow to dry on a dish cloth.
- Rinse and peel carrots, and grate using a cheese grater.
- Set aside.
- Rinse green onions under cool water, pat dry, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop hearts of palm into bite-size pieces.
- Toss all ingredients with greens, drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon and olive oil.
If your local organic grocer does not have sunflower spouts on their shelves, it is a simple and fun task to grow them yourself. To start sprouting, you’ll need one bag of organic potting soil, a small bag of organic sunflower seeds, one paint strainer bag from your hardware store, one medium-sized mixing bowl, filtered water, and a potting tray.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.