Sunflower Sprout Salad
Sunflower sprouts are a delicious side on their own, but our favorite way to enjoy them is tossed into a green salad. For a touch of color and flavor, we added grated carrots and hearts of palm to complete this salad.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Organic Sunflower Sprouts
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Spring Mix Salad Greens Lettuce
- 2 2 2 Green Onion, chopped
- 2 2 2 Hearts of Palm, chopped
- 2 2 2 Carrots, grated
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, Juice
- Rinse spouts under cool water, and allow to dry on a dish cloth.
- Rinse and peel carrots, and grate using a cheese grater.
- Set aside.
- Rinse green onions under cool water, pat dry, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop hearts of palm into bite-size pieces.
- Toss all ingredients with greens, drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon and olive oil.
If your local organic grocer does not have sunflower spouts on their shelves, it is a simple and fun task to grow them yourself. To start sprouting, you’ll need one bag of organic potting soil, a small bag of organic sunflower seeds, one paint strainer bag from your hardware store, one medium-sized mixing bowl, filtered water, and a potting tray.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week