I love my mom a lot. I don't think she gets the Paleo lifestyle, though. So when she asked if I wanted her low-cal peanut butter cookie recipe, I politely declined. She had tucked it into one of my St. Nicholas Day gifts anyway and after looking it over, I figured I'd give it a shot with some modifications. There's original calls for peanut butter, which I subbed for sunflower seed butter. It also calls for 3/4 cup of Splenda and 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar, which I swapped for 1 cup of blonde palm sugar and 1 tbsp of molasses. The original didn't call for the pinch of sea salt, but it's an awesome addition, in my opinion.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sunbutter
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Sunflower Seeds, (optional, to press into tops of cookies)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine sunflower seed butter, palm sugar, molasses, salt, baking soda, and vanilla in a medium bowl by hand until well mixed. Add egg and stir by hand until a dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten with a fork in a criss-cross pattern. Press sunflower seeds into the top if using.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCookies Dairy Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Found these online today and HAD to bake them tonight! They were amazing! You did an excellent job modifying them! I just happened to have molasses leftover from a Christmas recipe that I wasn’t sure what I was going to use it in. The only bummer is… I’m out of Sunbutter! So now I’m going to have to wait to make more until I get more Sunbutter!!!
Thank you so much! So glad you loved them!