Fresh and juicy, this cake will satisfy any sweet crave!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured, for the base
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, FLOUR, not seeds! For the base
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Tapioca Starch, for the base
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Honey, Raw, set honey, for the base, + 1 Tbsp for topping
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, for the base
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder, for the base
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, for the base
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cocoa Powder, Organic, for the base
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Cinnamon, ground, for the base
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Egg Whites, For the topping
- 200 gram 200 gram 200 gram Sour Cream , or creme fraiche, for the topping
- 10 pieces 10 pieces 10 pieces Figs, Black Mission, or any fruit, for topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- ["Preheat oven to 190C, 375F, gas mark 5.","Grease a small round baking tray, for example a pie dish, it will be much easier of it is silicon.","Use a hand mixer and combine the eggs and honey till the honey disolves.","Add the rest of the ingredients for the base.","Pour the mixture in the baking tray and put it in the oven for up to 30 mins. It could be less than that, so check with a tooth pick and if it comes out clear take it out. Don\'t worry if the colour of the cake base turns out quite dark, that\'s fine.","While it\'s cooking prepare your topping.","In a glass bowl whip the egg whites and honey till they become very stiff. Use a hand mixer.","In a smaller bowl whip the creme fraiche a bit, do not do it for too long, ad it can curdle.","Spoon by spoon mix the creme fraiche with the egg whites. Do not over mix but still mix them enough to combine. Mix them by gently and slowly folding them in one another.","Leave the egg white mixture in the fridge.","Take the cake out and leave to cool. Take it out of the baking tray by first running a knife around the edges of the tray then putting a dish on top of the tray and turning it around. If the tray is silicon it will be very easy to take out.","Spread on the cake the alcohol of your choice - around 8-10 Tbsp.","After the cake has cooled down, take the egg white mixture from the fridge and spoon by spoon spread it on top of the cake and around the sides of the cake.","Decorate with fruit and sprinkle cinnamon and grated lemon zest.","Enjoy with a strong cup of coffee!"]
After you bake the base, you can spread on it between 8 and 10 Tbsp of alcohol of your choice - vermouth, sour cherry liquor , etc.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Coconut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.