Stuffed Butternut Squash
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Butternut Squash, small to medium
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded/chopped
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, sub: ghee, bacon grease, or butter
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, or to taste
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper, or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Cut the butternut squash in half (and just in case this is your first rodeo with this task) Cut the top and bottom of the butternut squash off, then place it on its bottom so that it's steady. Coming from the flat top, with a large sharp knife cut the butternut squash evenly in half, keeping both hands above the knife, pressing down until the squash is split.
- Now that the hard part is out of the way place it cut side down on a parchment lined or greased baking sheet (the skin should face up.) Place in oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until soft and beginning to brown on the outside and the edges of the inside.
- When the butternut squash is almost done, sautee the sliced onion on medium to medium-high heat (sizzling) in the coconut oil in a medium sized sautee pan. Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking. After 2-3 minutes add the salt and the shredded chicken to the pan and continue to stir occasionally. Cook until the chicken has begun to brown and crisp, remove from heat.
- Once the squash has finished, remove from the oven. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Half the chicken between the two butternut squash halves, placing it inside of the natural bowl left from the seeds.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc. Get creative with this recipe - add in garlic and other vegetables that you love!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week