This makes the ultimate, delicate autumn delight. Stuffed with walnuts and home-made caramel, these apples hit the spot just right!
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Apple, organic, Big ones
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Honey, Raw
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Ghee, or butter
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Pure Vanilla Extract, or a drop
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Walnuts, Organic
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First, clean the apples by cutting a round whole on the top and slowly making a hole inside and removing the seeds. I only removed the seeds and did not make the hole too big, because I did not want to waste any apple.
- Lightly butter a baking tray and place the apples on top and leave them.
- Add the honey to a very small saucepan and boil for 8mins on high heat but be careful not to burn or bubble out of the pan. So, stir it the whole time.
- Turn the hob off and add the butter, coconut, vanilla and cinnamon to the honey. This is your caramel base. Add the walnuts to the caramel and stir well.
- Stuff the apples with the mixtures but to do overfill.
- Bake on 240C, 475F, gas mark 9 for about 40 to 50 mins.
- The caramel will soak into the apples' flesh and will spread all the flavors around.
- I prefer them cold but some people like them quite warm. They will go perfectly well with some home-made vanilla ice cream.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week