These sticky jars of sweetness are wonderful to give as gifts or to top off a piece of your favorite grain free bread!
- 6 lb 6 lb 6 lb Strawberries, Frozen
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Lemon Juice, Fresh squeezed.
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Liquid Pectin, Pure
- 10.5 cups 10.5 cups 10.5 cups Sugar, Raw
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Over high heat submerge the jars.
- Once the water comes to a boil, reduce to a simmer until you're done with the jam.
- In a smaller pot, add water, and submerge the lids.
- Cover and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until the jam is done.
- Place the strawberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a mash potato masher, mash the strawberries until the desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the strawberries into a large pot or dutch oven and add the lemon juice.
- Give it a good stir and add the pectin.
- Add the sugar and stir until it's well combined.
- Bring the mixture to a hard boil, to the point where you stir it, and it continues to boil.
- Allow it to hard boil for exactly 1 1/2 minutes then turn off of heat.
- Scoop the foam off the top of the mixture.
- Remove a jar from the pot and place the funnel on it.
- Ladle the mixture into the jar. Be sure to leave a 1/2 inch at the top.
- Close the lid as tightly as possible and set aside. Repeat until all the jars are filled and sealed.
- Fill a large pot with water and submerge the jars in the water. Make sure the water is a few inches above the jars. Cover the pot and bring the water to a hard boil.
- Boil the jars at a hard boil for 15 minutes. Then remove and set aside.
- Once the jars are cool to the touch, store them, and use as needed.
You'll need a few canning tools for this recipe.. 9 small mason jars with lids, canning tongs, canning funnel, and 1 or 2 very large pots, such as stock pots.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Sauces & Dressings Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.