Strawberry Basil Grilled Chicken
If you’re like me you like chicken but it can quickly get boring. Adding fruit is a crazy idea. An idea that works! This is a perfect alternative if you’re watching your nightshades consumption. Nix the tomatoes and opt for fruit. Paleo, low FODMAP, and AIP friendly.
- 12 - 16 oz 12 - 16 oz 12 - 16 oz Chicken Breast, 2 chicken breast
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Strawberries
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole fresh Basil, large leaves
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil and salt & pepper with chicken in a ziplock bag. Let sit for anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours. You can even skip this step and grill the chicken with light Italian seasonings.
- When ready, place on grill for at least 5 minutes each side depending on thickness.
- While chicken is getting fired up on the grill chop the strawberries and basil into small pieces. Combine in small bowl with 1 tbsp vinegar and 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Let the fruit and oil & vinegar sit in bowl until chicken is done cooking. The strawberries will break down and get soft in the vinegar.
- Remove chicken from the grill and add strawberry chutney on top of chicken. Sprinkle fresh basil on top as garnish.
s&p to taste
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week