Strawberry Basil Grilled Chicken
If you’re like me you like chicken but it can quickly get boring. Adding fruit is a crazy idea. An idea that works! This is a perfect alternative if you’re watching your nightshades consumption. Nix the tomatoes and opt for fruit. Paleo, low FODMAP, and AIP friendly.
- 12 - 16 oz 12 - 16 oz 12 - 16 oz Chicken Breast, 2 chicken breast
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Strawberries
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Basil, fresh, large leaves
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil and salt & pepper with chicken in a ziplock bag. Let sit for anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours. You can even skip this step and grill the chicken with light Italian seasonings.
- When ready, place on grill for at least 5 minutes each side depending on thickness.
- While chicken is getting fired up on the grill chop the strawberries and basil into small pieces. Combine in small bowl with 1 tbsp vinegar and 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Let the fruit and oil & vinegar sit in bowl until chicken is done cooking. The strawberries will break down and get soft in the vinegar.
- Remove chicken from the grill and add strawberry chutney on top of chicken. Sprinkle fresh basil on top as garnish.
s&p to taste
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I was super excited to try this chicken recipe tonight! I love chicken, and I also love strawberries. I however did not grill the chicken I cooked it on the stove top, it was fabulous! My boyfriend and I ate every bite! The only thing I will do differently the second time is when mixing the strawberries with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar I will only add 1/2 Tbsp of both – it was a little too much balsamic for my taste, but will be making this again, the chicken was so tender and delicious! 🙂 Thanks for the recipe!!
Awesome! Thanks so much for the feedback. 🙂 Glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks for your review, Taryn. I’m glad you enjoyed the recipe and thanks for much for your feedback. Mangia! 🙂