Strawberry and Hazelnut Cookie Heaven
This is my new favourite sweet recipe. The unusual taste of strawberry combined with hazelnut makes these cookies unique!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Almond Meal/Flour, sifted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Arrowroot Flour, plus more for kneading the dough
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt, or coconut milk
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Vanilla Bean Pod
- 20 whole 20 whole 20 whole Strawberries, cut in pieces
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Hazelnut, hazelnut butter or blended hazelnuts
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Apple Juice, unsweetened
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- ufeffIn a medium pod combine the strawberries, honey and apple juice and bring to boil.
- Simmer for around 10 minutes, while stirring it frequently. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add the hazelnut butter to it and simmer until it has become very thick. Try it - add more honey if needed
- Preheat oven to 190C, 375F, gas mark 5
- While the jam is cooling, prepare the cookie dough by first mixing in a bowl all dry ingredients.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper and add more arrowroot powder. Knead with the arrowroot powder until it has become a ball of dough.
- On top of the dough put another sheet of parchment paper and roll. The thinner it is - the better but try not to break the dough.
- Cut the pastry in small squares.
- Diagonally on every square put some of the strawberry mixture. Roll the squares and transfer on parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for around 25-30 mins or until the pastry has turned golden.
- Transfer the cookies on a rack and cool completely before serving
Add a bit of yogurt to your pastry to make it more elastic and soft! I use Onken Natural Set Yogurt because this is the only one I have found in UK which has live cultures, is firm and is naturally set.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCookies Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.