Sriracha Fried Green Tomatoes
A spicy twist on a classic dish. Great as an appetizer or on top of a burger!
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Tomato, green
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sriracha
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice the tomatoes about 1/4 inch thick and set aside.
- Combine the flour, arrowroot and seasonings in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Then whisk together the egg and sriracha in a separate plate and set aside.
- Dip both sides of the tomato in the egg mixture and then coat in the flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour and set aside. Repeat until all of your tomatoes are coated or until you run out of flour.
- Place the stove on medium high heat. Put about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in an 8-10 inch fry pan.
- Once the oil is hot add the tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat until all of your tomatoes are done. You may need to heat more oil in between batches.
- Top the fried tomatoes with chopped bacon and sriracha. Enjoy!
*You want your oil to be hot but not scalding. The coconut flour can start to burn before the tomato is cooked if the heat is too high. *When it comes to frying the tomatoes I used coconut oil but I have also used bacon grease in the past. You can really use any oil that you prefer to fry with. *If you don’t have sriracha you can just use your favorite hot sauce.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Dairy Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.