Spring Pea and Onion Noodle Bowls
A light but flavorful Spring dish! Made gluten free with vermicelli rice or kelp noodles and great with seafood, chicken, or tofu! Ready in 30 minutes or less
- 1 cups 1 cups 1 cups Peas, Green, shelled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp wheat-free Tamari
- 5 oz 5 oz 5 oz Kelp Noodles
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Cod
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Lime Juice, squeezed
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, ground
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First prepare your protein. For this, combine your garlic, honey mustard, olive oil, and tamari sauce in a small bowl. Coat your fish fillet or protein in the sauce . Grill or bake for 10-12 minutes (if using fish) at 400F. While the fish (or other protein) is cooking, rinse your noodles and add to 3-4 cups boiling water with a dash of salt. Rice noodles usually cook in about 8-10 minutes. Kelp noodles take about a minute or two. You want to cook them at medium heat then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Remove your protein/fish from the oven. While your noodles and fish are cooling. Prepare another pot with your broth, peas , and onion. Cook on medium high heat for about 4 minutes or until veggies are almost done. Then add in your noodles. Mix well. Let it simmer a few more minutes on low to get everything warm and cooked.
- Spoon noodles, veggies, and broth into bowls. Add your chopped fish or protein on top and a squeeze a little lime juice on top! Feel free to add in a dash chili pepper or black pepper too for spice!
You can easily double this recipe to serve 4! And if you are using chicken, the cooking time with be about 7-10 minutes longer in oven depending on the thickness of your chicken meat.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Seafood Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.