Spinach Almond Pesto
Healthy pesto featuring spinach, almonds and goats cheese. Full of nutrition and flavour and can be used either as a dip or as a dressing.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Basil, fresh
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almonds, chopped
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 oz 1 oz 1 oz Goat Cheese, hard, grated
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place chopped basil and baby spinach along with garlic, almonds, lemon juice and olive oil in food processor and pulse until somewhat smooth until it reaches a pesto-like consistency (I did this in a Vitamix blender on low for about a minute). If you don\'t have a food processor you can do this using a pestle and mortar.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the grated goats cheese (I used a parmesan grater).
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add water or extra olive oil to thin if needed depending on how thick or thin you want it.
Can be used as a thick pesto or a dressing. For a more dressing-like consistency, simply add more water or olive oil.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Coconut Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.