Spiced Winter Squash
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Acorn Squash, (OR butternut squash) peeled, seeds removed, and cubed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee, Tin Star Brown Butter ghee preferred
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice, OR if using butternut squash, pair with Apple Pie Spice
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Peel the squash, cut in half, and scoop out the seeds. Cut the flesh into 3/4" cubes. Place in a baking dish, and toss with the ghee to evenly cover the squash.
- Place the baking dish in the oven, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with the Apple Pie Spice or Pumpkin Pie Spice, and stir to evenly distribute the spices.
- Return the dish to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes. Stir, and cook for a final 10 minutes (50 minutes total cooking time).
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
For this recipe, if you use Butternut Squash, we suggest pairing it with Apple Pie Spice. We like Acorn Squash paired with Pumpkin Pie Spice. We also like using Tin Star Brown Butter ghee to give the dish a caramel flavor note.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week