Spiced Apple Porridge
This porridge is reminiscent of traditional creamy grain based porridge. Apple and cinnamon shine here. Served with warm coconut milk and some chopped nuts, it is satisfying and warming. Any combination of nuts works here. I've made it successfully without any cashews and just increasing the almonds and walnuts.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almonds
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup raw Cashews
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Walnuts
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 2.5 tsp 2.5 tsp 2.5 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Cloves
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole organic Apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- The Night Before: Place nuts in a large bowl. Pour filtered water over to cover by 2 inches. Sprinkle sea salt and stir. Cover loosely with a clean tea towel and leave soaking overnight.
- In the Morning: Pour nuts into a strainer and rinse until water is clear. Place nuts, applesauce, spices, and coconut milk in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Place mixture in a small saucepan and heat through on medium heat. Add chopped apples, stir and heat for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with warmed coconut milk, a drizzle of maple syrup and some extra chopped walnuts.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week