Sparkling Yuzu Pisco Sour
Most sweet drinks involve tons of sugar and artificial flavors, but this one is naturally sweetened with honey and flavored (and colored) by beautiful vibrant yellow yuzu simple syrup!
- 1 fl oz 1 fl oz 1 fl oz Brandy, Pisco
- 1 fl oz 1 fl oz 1 fl oz Yuzu Simple Syrup (click for recipe), Dissolve your honey in water flavored with citrus peel to make simple syrup. Instructions here: http://acleanbake.com/2014/12/yuzu-simple-syrup.html
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Ice cubes
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sparkling Water
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add the vodka/pisco, yuzu simple syrup and lemon juice, plus a few ice cubes, to a cocktail shaker. Shake very well for 10-20 seconds until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture through the strainer into a champagne glass.
- Top off each glass with sparkling water.
- Garnish the bottom of each glass with the yuzu peel from the syrup, if desired.
A pisco sour is traditionally made with an egg white shaken into it, which makes it cloudy and heartier, but I left that out. Feel free to include it, assuming, of course, that you have a supply of trustworthy eggs. Also, a traditional pisco sour doesn't include any sparkling water, and it uses lemons instead of yuzu. So lemons would be an appropriate substitution for the yuzu. Variations: Instead of plain seltzer, you can try using any seltzer in a complementary flavor (grapefruit would work well). You can also try using champagne in place of seltzer.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.