Sparkling Cherry Limeade
These cherry limeades only call for 3 ingredients (4 if you want to sweeten them) and are ready in just 5 minutes. I was making the "lazy version" of these all last summer. Yes, this recipe only takes 5 minutes but it's not the lazy version. That involves pouring sparkling water into a cup with cherries and a lime wedge and smashing it all up with my reusable straw while I drink it. This summer, I've decided to make the recipe a bit more sophisticated with a better flavor and even a beautiful color.
- 10 fl oz 10 fl oz 10 fl oz Sparkling Water, cold
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cherries, fresh, pits removed
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Honey, Raw, more or less to taste, (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Blend together the cherries and lime juice as well as some honey if you want it sweet. If you're using a Blendtec, select the "whole juice" option.
- Evenly divide the cherry mixture between two serving glasses. Strain out any remaining solids, if you prefer.
- Add 5 oz of sparkling water to each glass and stir.
- Add ice, if desired and serve immediately.
I really liked this drink without any sweetener but I absolutely love sour things. It may or may not need honey, it just depends on your personal preference. Instead of pitting all those cherries myself, I just bought frozen organic cherries and thawed them in the microwave since they already have the pits removed.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.