Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Tomato Sauce
This is the first recipe that I concocted on my own after making the transition to a paleo lifestyle. This recipe was also the first time I tried using coconut oil. The sauce is delicious and great on its own, and the flavors only get better the following day. — Hayley
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 1 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup White Mushrooms
- 1 1 1 Spaghetti Squash, baked
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 1 1 Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 32 fl oz 32 fl oz 32 fl oz Tomato Sauce, plus 1/2 can of water
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a medium frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add onion and zucchini to the frying pan and sauté in coconut oil until both onion and zucchini are tender. Remove from heat.
- Brown ground turkey in a large soup pot on medium heat.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, add the sautéed onion and zucchini, and season with cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Pour two cans of tomato sauce, and half a can of water over the ground turkey and veggies.
- Add in sliced mushrooms.
- Bring sauce to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
We use Muir Glen tomato sauce for this recipe, because it has no added salt and all natural ingredients. It’s always best to go salt free and add the salt in yourself if desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
This is my favorite dish on here so far! The recipe has perfect spice and balance. I have made it a couple of times and I really look forward to the leftovers (and I usually HATE eating leftovers).
How do you cook the spaghetti squash? What temperature and how long do you bake it?