South by Southwest Chicken Soup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Poblano Pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 8 cup 8 cup 8 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tomato, diced tomatoes with their juices (if canned, use no-salt added kind)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Honey, Raw, optional
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Chili Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Chicken Breast, grilled and sliced thin in the opposite direction of the grill marks
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tomato, Cherry, halved; for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the onion and the poblano peppers and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, an additional minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients through the lime and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until the flavors are blended about 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the cilantro and sliced cherry tomatoes.
The next time you grill chicken breasts, cook a few extra for use in this soup. Easy to put together on a weeknight.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week