Snickerdoodles (from Make It Paleo 2)
These thick and fluffy Cinnamon Sugar Cookies are from our newest cookbook, Make It Paleo 2. They absolutely come to life when topped with our incredibly fresh Cinnamon Sugar Cookie spice blend, new for Fall 2015!
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Blanched Almond Flour, 216 grams
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Chestnut Flour, 56 grams
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 2 2 Eggs, large
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 1.333 Tbsp 1.333 Tbsp 1.333 Tbsp Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Blend
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, chestnut flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. In a small bowl, blend the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with an electric hand mixer.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the palm shortening until it is almost completely melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and blend with the hand mixer until smooth. Pour the cooled palm shortening into the dough and blend again until smooth.
- Using a #50 cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop 1 1/4-Tbsp portions of the dough onto the lined baking sheets. Grease your hands with palm shortening or coconut oil and lightly press the cookies down with your palms to form even, round cookie shapes.
- Sprinkle the cookies with our Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie spice blend. Bake each sheet on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes, until cooked through and golden on the edges. Allow to cool before serving. Keep the cookies in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze for longer storage.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week