Smoked Paprika Tri Tip
You know how people have their 'signature recipe'? Well this one is mine for sure. Every time I make it for a party or gathering, it disappears in under 30 mins for sure. The best part is, it's ridiculously simple and perfect for upcoming Super Bowl/NFL Playoff parties.
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Beef Tenderloin Tips, (tri tip)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Coriander, ground
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Oregano, dried
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tallow, for searing
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add all ingredients except for tri tip to a medium sized mixing bowl and combine thoroughly creating the rub.
- Liberally coat tri tip with the rub ensuring an even coating.
- Place tri tip in a large zip-loc bag and let it rest on the counter to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Once hot, add tallow to skillet and sear tri tip for 5 minutes per side or until a nice crust develops.
- Place tri tip on a sheet pan with a rack and place in the oven and roast until internal temperature reads about 135° F for medium rare.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes before you slice into tri tip. Enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.