Smoked Bacon Veggie Soup
Slow down and savor a healthy hearty soup this season! How about a veggie soup recipe with smoked bacon, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, and potatoes? A change in weather and season brings a whole new change of produce and nutritional needs! This veggie soup is gluten free, grain free, and Paleo friendly, but still packed with nourishment and flavor! Easy to make in a slow cooker or on the stove.
- 6 cups 6 cups 6 cups Chicken Broth, free range
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Potatoes, White, (chopped) or sweet potato
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, shavings
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups White Mushrooms, sliced
- 5 pieces 5 pieces 5 pieces Bacon, (smoked) and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Honey, Granulated
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chives , (dried) or onion or 2 Tbsp fresh
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Chop all your ingredients ( 3 cups chopped potato is equivalent to about 2 potatoes).
- Lightly steam/soften your potato pieces in a small bowl in microwave for about 90 seconds then add to your crock pot.
- Add in your broth, veggies, and bacon on top.
- Mix together dijon mustard and honey.
- Add your seasonings, olive oil, and mustard/honey mixture to the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hrs or high for 3 hrs.
- Add herbs half way through cooking or at the end to garnish.
- Serve and top with aged cheddar and dash of black pepper if desired.
*Optional - use the dijon/honey in ingredient list OR 1 Tbsp of honey mustard. **Optional - Use 1 Tbsp of dried herbs (chives, onion, etc) OR 2 Tbsp of fresh chopped herbs such as chives,/onion. ** Serve and top with aged cheddar and dash of black pepper if desired. If you are not using Crock pot, follow same prep direction but cook on medium low stove top for about 1 hr or until bacon/potato are thoroughly cooked through.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Soups
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.