Smoked Bacon Veggie Soup
- 6 cups 6 cups 6 cups Chicken Broth, free range
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Potatoes, White, (chopped) or sweet potato
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, shavings
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups White Mushrooms, sliced
- 5 pieces 5 pieces 5 pieces Bacon, (smoked) and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Honey, Granulated
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chives , (dried) or onion or 2 Tbsp fresh
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Chop all your ingredients ( 3 cups chopped potato is equivalent to about 2 potatoes).
- Lightly steam/soften your potato pieces in a small bowl in microwave for about 90 seconds then add to your crock pot.
- Add in your broth, veggies, and bacon on top.
- Mix together dijon mustard and honey.
- Add your seasonings, olive oil, and mustard/honey mixture to the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hrs or high for 3 hrs.
- Add herbs half way through cooking or at the end to garnish.
- Serve and top with aged cheddar and dash of black pepper if desired.
*Optional - use the dijon/honey in ingredient list OR 1 Tbsp of honey mustard. **Optional - Use 1 Tbsp of dried herbs (chives, onion, etc) OR 2 Tbsp of fresh chopped herbs such as chives,/onion. ** Serve and top with aged cheddar and dash of black pepper if desired. If you are not using Crock pot, follow same prep direction but cook on medium low stove top for about 1 hr or until bacon/potato are thoroughly cooked through.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week