Slow Cooker Squash & Ground Beef Curry
Ground beef and acorn squash simmer away in a spiced pumpkin curry sauce for a stick-to-your-ribs, comforting meal that's made in the slow cooker! And the recipe is AIP compliant!
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Acorn Squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 13.5 oz 13.5 oz 13.5 oz Coconut Milk, (one can)
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Pumpkin Puree, (one can)
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Water
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Ginger Root, peeled and diced
- 5 cloves 5 cloves 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, quartered
- .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp Onion Powder
- .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cilantro, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dill, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Ginger, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cloves, ground
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Cilantro, (optional) for topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Break up the ground beef into small pieces, as small as you can make them.
- Add the ground beef and all other ingredients (except the fresh cilantro) to your slow cooker. Squeeze the lemons into the slow cooker before adding them.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. If you're nearby, break up the chunks of ground beef halfway through the cooking time. If you're not, do so at the end.
- Serve with cauliflower rice (you'll need about 1 1/2 - 2 cauliflower heads' worth of rice) and topped with fresh cilantro (optional).
If you're not on the autoimmune protocol, replace the AIP curry blend (dried garlic, onion, turmeric, basil, dill, cilantro, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves) with 2 tablespoons of your favorite curry powder.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAutoimmune Protocol Dairy Free Egg Free Meat Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I don’t have a slow cooker as I live in the middle east and can’t get one here. Would it be possible to make this on the stove in a big pot? If so, how long should I cook it/let it simmer?
Also, per the guidance from Autoimmune Paleo, pumpkin is on the list of seeds and nuts to avoid. Does that mean whole pumpkin or pumpkin puree is okay, just not the seeds?