Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Ketchup
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Vine-ripened Tomato, Chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Whole Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Allspice, Whole
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Whole Cloves
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole ground Nutmeg
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Chop up tomatoes and drop into your slow cooker with the salt.
- Cook tomatoes on high for one hour and then immersion blend the tomatoes. This can splatter so either do this shirtless or wear an apron and use the Low setting.
- Alternate 2. Skip immersion blending and just add all ingredients to the slow cooker and proceed to step 3.
- Add the spices by putting them into a nut bag or cheesecloth tied into a bag, and add them to the slow cooker. Cover with vinegar and make sure bag is covered.
- Remove spices and leave chunky or blend in batches for smoother ketchup.
Alternate Ingredients: 1 TBS Pumpkin Spice 2 Pounds Tomatoes (about five cups) 3/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar/Vinegar of Choice or 1/4 Cup Water to 2/4 Cups Vinegar (if you don't love that vinegar taste) Dash Salt 1 Cinnamon Stick (optional) Alternate Directions: 1. Chop up tomatoes and add to slow cooker. 2. Coat with a tablespoon of pumpkin spice and salt. 3. After one hour blend the tomatoes and add the cinnamon stick or Alternate 3. Add the vinegar and cinnamon sitck and cook on low for 6-8 hours with the lid off. 4. Unplug the slow cooker and let cool until no longer hot to the touch. 5. Blend the mixture in batches for a less chunky version and store in the fridge.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week