Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
This Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef is healthy, tastes amazing and is gluten and dairy free.
- 2.2 lb 2.2 lb 2.2 lb Beef Flank Steak, or any other beef that is good for slow cooking
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1 - 2 Tbsp 1 - 2 Tbsp 1 - 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 3 - 4 cloves 3 - 4 cloves 3 - 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger Root, minced
- 2 - 3 whole 2 - 3 whole 2 - 3 whole Carrots, sliced (you can add any extra vegetables)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Beef stock
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Honey, Raw
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Green Onion, Sliced thinly, for serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut the steak into small bite sized pieces.
- Season beef with arrowroot, salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in large fry pan on medium high heat and cook steak until evenly browned, approximately 3-5 minutes (You may need to add the steak in batches and use extra coconut oil between batches).
- Add to slow cooker and cover with garlic, ginger and carrots (and any other vegetables that you want to use).
- Add coconut aminos, beef stock and honey and mix through.
- Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- Add green onions and serve with your favourite sides (mine is quinoa)
I have also made Coconut Quinoa, which goes really well with this dish
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Meat Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.