Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- 2.2 lb 2.2 lb 2.2 lb Beef Flank Steak, or any other beef that is good for slow cooking
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1 - 2 Tbsp 1 - 2 Tbsp 1 - 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 3 - 4 cloves 3 - 4 cloves 3 - 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger Root, minced
- 2 - 3 whole 2 - 3 whole 2 - 3 whole Carrots, sliced (you can add any extra vegetables)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Beef stock
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Honey, Raw
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Green Onion, Sliced thinly, for serving
- Cut the steak into small bite sized pieces.
- Season beef with arrowroot, salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in large fry pan on medium high heat and cook steak until evenly browned, approximately 3-5 minutes (You may need to add the steak in batches and use extra coconut oil between batches).
- Add to slow cooker and cover with garlic, ginger and carrots (and any other vegetables that you want to use).
- Add coconut aminos, beef stock and honey and mix through.
- Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- Add green onions and serve with your favourite sides (mine is quinoa)
I have also made Coconut Quinoa, which goes really well with this dish
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week