Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
This slow cooker Cashew Chicken is healthy without skimping on flavor and it tastes great with quinoa. You will love it!
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb boneless skinless Chicken Thigh, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste, organic preferably
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Garlic, cloves
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Ginger Root, minced
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Hot Chili Pepper, you can add more if you like it hot
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup raw Cashews
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Season arrowroot flour with black pepper in a bowl and add the chicken and coat well.
- Melt coconut oil in a large fry pan on moderate heat.. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove chicken and add to slow cooker.
- Mix rest of the ingredients (except cashews) in a small bowl and pour over chicken and toss to coat. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Once you are ready to serve, stir the cashews into chicken and sauce and serve with your favourite side.
I used Chili flakes in my sauce
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week