Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions
Your favorite burger toppings - without turning on your oven!
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Vidalia Onion
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel your onions and then cut them in half, then into roughly 1/4" slices.
- In the bowl of your slow cooker, toss together the onions and oil to coat, then add the salt and toss again to combine.
- Cook 8 hours on the low setting with the cover on, then remove the cover and continue to cook an additional 1-2 hours until the onions crisp up. If you prefer softer onions, leave the cover on for the final 1-2 hours. Once the onions reach a deep amber color, they are done.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.