Slow-Cooked Steak and Eggs
Some days (okay, most days) we just want something simple for breakfast. This one is really easy to prepare, especially when you already have some slow-cooked steak (or pulled pork) on hand. For a little kick, try drizzling your eggs with a bit of Tabasco sauce.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tallow
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1/3 lb 1/3 lb 1/3 lb Shredded Beef, cooked
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arugula, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat 1 tablespoon of beef tallow in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place shredded beef into skillet, and stir in spices until evenly distributed.
- In a separate nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat. Place an egg poacher in the skillet, and crack an egg into it.
- Repeat with the second egg, or cook both at once if you have enough room in the skillet.
- Add approximately 1/2 cup of water to the frying pan and cover it with a lid.
- Cook egg for 5 minutes on medium heat until the top of the egg has cooked.
- Carefully release the egg from the egg poacher.
- Place beef on plate, top with the poached eggs, and garnish with some arugula.
- Drizzle it all with Tabasco sauce if you want an extra kick, and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Dairy Free FODMAP Free GAPS Nut Free Shellfish Free Specific Carbohydrate Diet Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.