Skillet Pork Chops with Pan Gravy
- 2 2 2 Pork Chop, 1" thick, bone in
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Gluten Free Flour, or Bob's Red Mill 1:1
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel. Salt moderately on both sides (adjust more or less to your taste preferences), and allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. 30 minutes prior to cooking, bring them out of the refrigerator to come up to room temperature.
- Grind fresh black pepper on both sides of the pork chops and drizzle a little olive oil (or your choice of cooking oil).
- Heat your oven to 400 F, and place a cast iron skillet over medium high heat to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Add about 1-2 Tbsp oil to the hot skillet, swirl to coat, and immediately add the pork chops. Sear on each side for 3 minutes.
- After searing the pork chops on both sides (6 minutes total), transfer the skillet to the hot oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of the pork chop to see if done. You want to see at least 145F in the thickest part of the chop, as well as near the bone.
- Set the cooked pork chops aside. To the skillet and juices, add the chicken stock and butter over medium heat. Once bubbling, whisk in the gluten-free flour until the gravy is glossy.
- Serve the pork chop topped with the gravy. We like serving with yukon mashed potatoes (instructions in the cooking notes).
To make the mashed potatoes: Use 6-8 medium to large Yukon potatoes. Peel, cut in half, an place in an Instant Pot with the basket, along with 3/4 cup of water. Set to manual for 11 minutes. Press the potatoes with a potato ricer and stir in butter (2-3 tbps) and heavy cream (3 Tbsp). When smooth, sprinkle with salt, and continue to stir to incorporate. Taste, and adjust for more salt if needed.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week