Skillet Chicken Leg Quarters
One skillet is all you need to prepare an entire meal with this recipe. First sear the chicken in a hot skillet, then add the vegetables. Finally, enjoy dinner with your family instead of worrying about the clean-up!
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Chicken Leg Quarter
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Herb Salt (click for recipe), or to taste
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Asparagus
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a heavy cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble.
- Place the chicken leg quarters in the hot skillet, skin side down, and sear for 4 minutes per side. If you have a grill press or another heavy skillet, you can press the chicken legs down for a more effective sear.
- Season the chicken leg quarters with the Herb Salt.
- Chop the asparagus into 2-inch pieces, and place it in the skillet.
- Add the onion to the skillet.
- Lightly toss the vegetables with the juices in the pan, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Lightly toss the vegetables with the juices again, and cook for another 20 minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week