Sirloin Steak Tacos
Tacos are meant to be fresh food that is easy to prepare, and this recipe accomplishes just that. With a small cut of sirloin steak, you can class-up your tacos and have them taste great! This is a good cut of meat to use for steak tacos.
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Taco Seasoning
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Sirloin Steak
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Lettuce, Romaine, shredded
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Roma Tomato, diced, and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 whole 1/2 whole 1/2 whole Avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 whole 1/2 whole 1/2 whole Lime, wedges, for garnish and squeezing over the tacos
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Cassava Flour Tortillas (Siete), optional, or large lettuce leaves
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare a cast iron skillet over medium heat with 3 tbsp of olive oil or your choice of cooking fat. When the oil comes up to temperature, swirl it to evenly coat the pan, then add the steak.
- Season the top side of the steak while it is cooking. Sear the first side for 4 minutes.
- Flip the steak, season the other side, and place a lid loosely over the top so that it retains some heat but does not steam the steak.
- While the steak is cooking, prepare the taco toppings. (slice, dice, all that jazz)
- After the steak has cooked for 8 minutes, allow it to rest 2 more minutes in the pan with the heat completely off.
- Slice the steak and assemble your tacos. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week