Simple Fluffy Biscuits
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Tapioca Starch
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Unsalted Butter, plus more for brushing the biscuits before baking
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, salt and baking soda).
- In a separate bowl, quickly whisk together the beaten eggs and melted butter. Then stir into the dry mixture.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion out 12 3-Tablespoon biscuits. Use the palm of your hand to press them down gently, just enough to get rid of the peak, so that they form thick discs.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours (or overnight) in an airtight container.
- Preheat the oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with a nonstick pad. Once the oven is preheated, remove biscuits from the fridge, arrange 2" apart on the prepared sheet, brush with melted butter, and bake for 10 minutes, or until puffy and slightly golden.
You can use coconut oil in place of the butter, but your biscuits won't rise as much. If you really want to be authentic, you can even cut in the butter until it is the size of small peas instead of melted it and stirring it in - but that's my favorite shortcut for quicker biscuit-making.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week