Shredded Beef Stew
Instead of using traditional chopped stew meat we used a chuck roast we had on hand and shredded the roast to create a shredded beef stew. It was perfect because we cooked the roast in the crock pot and were able to use all of the leftover juices for the stew, adding some serious meaty flavor. Including the beef and broth, this shredded beef stew only has seven ingredients so it is very simple and easy to make. The cooking time is long, but it is only about 15 minutes of active cooking time to get this hearty stew that is a meal in a bowl.
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Carrots, Chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Leek, Chopped
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole White Potatoes, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Parsley, Dried or Fresh
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Season your chuck roast liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place it in the crock pot and add in your broth. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once finished, remove the beef onto a cutting board. Shred with two forks.
- Reserve broth from the crock pot, but strain out any excess fat or other large bits.
- Heat a medium stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add in your oil, leeks and carrots with a little salt and pepper. Cook for five minutes.
- Next, add in the shredded beef, leftover broth, potatoes, parsley and tapioca flour.
- If the stew is too thick, just add some water. If it is too thin, add a little more flour.
- Simmer for one hour and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week