Shakshouka (poached egg recipe)
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon, diced
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, medium, sliced into thin strips
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Red Onion, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Garlic, minced
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Diced Tomatoes
- .125 tsp .125 tsp .125 tsp Chili Powder, PLUS 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Parsley, roughly chopped
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a fry pan on medium high heat , add bacon and cook until browned and crispy. Set aside on a plate covered with paper towel to drain the fat.
- Heat another fry pan (large) on medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute the onion, garlic and capsicum with a sprinkle of sea salt for 3-4 minutes or until the onion and capsicum start to soften.
- Add the bacon, tomatoes, Moroccan spices and chilli flakes, stir and cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make four wells in the mixture with a spoon and crack an egg into each well and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover again and cook on low heat until the egg whites are cooked, but the egg yolks are gooey.
- To serve, sprinkle with some fresh parsley and dukkah (optional)
You can buy Moroccan Spice Mix, however if you wanted to make it the ingredients are 5 teaspoons ground nutmeg 5 teaspoons ground cumin 5 teaspoons ground coriander 2 1/2 teaspoons allspice 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week