Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
Asian-inspired cuisine happens to include many of our favorite dishes. The substitution of cabbage for noodles in this stir-fry makes this dish exceptionally healthy, without any sacrifice on taste.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Duck Fat
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Flank Steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, chopped
- 3 3 3 Celery, stalks, chopped
- 1 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Green Cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Water Chestnuts
- 2 sprigs 2 sprigs 2 sprigs Green Onion, sliced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 3-5 pinch 3-5 pinch 3-5 pinch Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil, optional, after cooking
- Sesame Seeds, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large enameled pot or cast iron skillet, warm the duck fat.
- Sear the beef on all sides over high-heat. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the carrots, celery, and red bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the cabbage, and continue to sauté, tossing frequently.
- Once the cabbage has softened, add the mushrooms, waterchestnuts, and green onion.
- Sprinkle with the garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes, tossing to evenly distribute the spices.
- When the mushrooms have softened, add the coconut aminos and fish sauce, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef back to the stir-fry, and toss to combine with the vegetables and sauce.
- Remove from heat, toss with the toasted sesame oil if desired, and serve with a garnish of sesame seeds.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week