Seared Duck Breast with Balsamic Green Beans
Easy recipe for perfectly seared duck breast served atop fresh green beans with balsamic jus. Luxuriously fatty flavor, with only 225 calories a serving.
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Duck Breast, skin-on, 2 whole breasts
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Green Beans, fresh, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Red wine, Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch the green beans in the boiling water for two minutes, drain in a colander and plunge them in ice water to stop them from cooking any further. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, five-spice powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture onto the duck breasts and let them sit at room temperature for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the duck breast, skin side down, for 5 minutes; turn and sear for 5 minutes on the other side. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 5 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer the duck breasts to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour off the fat from the pan. Return the pan to medium-high heat, add the wine or chicken stock, and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook to reduce the wine by half.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and the trimmed green beans and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cut the duck breasts in half lengthwise. Slice the four halves crosswise into thin strips. Serve the sliced duck on top of the green beans and drizzle with any sauce that is left in the pan.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.