Sea Salt & Lime Spinach Chips
A delicious, wholesome version of those super addictive (and super terrible for you) lime tortilla chips!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime, about 1 1/2 Tablespoons zest + 2 tsp juice, divided
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- 8 cup 8 cup 8 cup Spinach, whole leaves, measured packed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 275F. Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick pads, or lightly grease them.
- In a small bowl, use your fingers to rub together the zest and the salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the spinach with the olive oil to thoroughly coat. Then add the lime salt and toss again to distribute a little bit of the salt on each leaf. Use your hands if necessary.
- Distribute the spinach between the two prepared cookie sheets in an even layer (do not crowd the leaves). Sprinkle each batch with a teaspoon of lime juice.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (you may need less time depending on how fresh your spinach is, so keep an eye on it) until the leaves are withered and very thin.
- Remove from oven, and let the chips cool completely on the pan before serving.
You have to use large spinach leaves, not baby spinach, for this recipe. It is best to eat these chips as soon as they've cooled. If you need to store them, the best way is in an open container in the fridge. If you cover them, they'll get soggy though. Even uncovered, they will lose some of their crispness overnight.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.