Savory Pumpkin-Apple Soup
This savory and slightly sweet soup is sure to warm you up on a chilly Fall or Winter day!
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Granny Smith Apple, small, peeled and diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, small, diced
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2.5 cup 2.5 cup 2.5 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Bone Broth (click for recipe)
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Ginger
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sage, ground
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Chili Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, or to taste
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven, and saute onions, apple and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the bone broth and stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Add the remaining spices and stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. The apples should be soft.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Remove soup from heat, and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, transfer the soup in batches to a regular blender to blend smooth.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week