Sautéed Collard Greens and Apples
A delicious way to add more greens to your diet. Use as a side dish or as part of a stir fry. The combination of savory bacon fat, sweet apples, and a dash of tangy vinegar will keep your taste buds very happy!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, small
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole organic Apple
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Bacon Grease, or other solid animal fat
- 2 - 3 cup 2 - 3 cup 2 - 3 cup Collard Greens, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a food processor combine your onion, garlic and apple and chop.
- In a large pan saute your apple and onion mixture in your bacon fat until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add in your collards, cover and cook for about two minutes.
- Add in your vinegar and salt and stir.
- Cook for another minute or two.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week