Sausage & Kale Soup
If you can't seem to get enough of these leafy ribbons of love, loaded with antioxidants and minerals.. here's another deliciously tasty way to combat flu season!
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Sausage Links, Chicken Audouille (AMYLU brand), sliced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Red Onion, Diced
- 5 cloves 5 cloves 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots, Peeled and Sliced
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Diced Tomatoes, plus, liquid
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Kale, Chopped
- 9.5 cup 9.5 cup 9.5 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Fennel Seed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sage, Minced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add the olive oil to a large pot or dutch oven, over medium heat.
- Slice the chicken sausages and place them in the pot.
- Add the diced onion and saute until slightly translucent.
- Mince the garlic and add that to the pot along with the sliced carrots.
- Add the diced tomatoes, plus the liquid to the pot.
- Add the chopped kale and pour the chicken broth over it.
- When the kale begins to cook down, give it a stir.
- Cover the pot and bring the soup to a hard boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for about 7 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and enjoy.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week