Sausage and Zucchini Pasta Bake
This meal is such an easy and great tasting alternative to your typical pasta bake, definitely a family favorite!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Wash and peel your zucchini
- Run zucchini through a spiral slicer to create "noodles"
- Line a cookie sheet with paper towels
- Place zucchini "noodles" on top of paper towels and crack sea salt on top
- Place noodles in the oven
- Cook the noodles for about 30 minutes to remove the moisture
- Remove the noodles from the pan and pat dry with more paper towels
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees and allow to pre-heat
- While noodles are cooking, brown your sausage
- Once noodles and sausage are finished, combine your tomato sauce, noodles and sausage in your favorite oven-safe dish. Use as much pasta sauce as you like, depending on preferences.
- Top with parmesan cheese and place in oven
- Cook until cheese on top is melted and bubbling up.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week