Sausage and Zucchini Pasta Bake
This meal is such an easy and great tasting alternative to your typical pasta bake, definitely a family favorite!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Zucchini
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Italian Sausage, Mild
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Basil, fresh
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Wash and peel your zucchini
- Run zucchini through a spiral slicer to create "noodles"
- Line a cookie sheet with paper towels
- Place zucchini "noodles" on top of paper towels and crack sea salt on top
- Place noodles in the oven
- Cook the noodles for about 30 minutes to remove the moisture
- Remove the noodles from the pan and pat dry with more paper towels
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees and allow to pre-heat
- While noodles are cooking, brown your sausage
- Once noodles and sausage are finished, combine your tomato sauce, noodles and sausage in your favorite oven-safe dish. Use as much pasta sauce as you like, depending on preferences.
- Top with parmesan cheese and place in oven
- Cook until cheese on top is melted and bubbling up.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week