- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Water, (Filtered)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar
- 2 oz 2 oz 2 oz Ginger Root, about 4 inches
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Pinot Grigio, almost an entire 750 ml bottle
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Rum , (spiced rum)
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Orange Juice
- 3 oz 3 oz 3 oz Lemon Juice
- Mint Leaves, for garnish
- Orange, slices, for garnish
- Start by making a ginger syrup. Pour the water into a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in the sugar until dissolved.
- Peel and rough chop the ginger, add it to the saucepan, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and pulse to further incorporate the ginger.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, then strain the solids from the syrup.
- To make the sangria, combine the wine, rum, 6 ounces of the ginger syrup, and citrus juices in a large pitcher. Add ice and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and orange slices, if desired.
Adding a small amount of sparkling water to a glass of this sangria makes it extra-refreshing and fun!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week