Sangria (from Make It Paleo 2)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Water, (for the ginger syrup)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar, granulated (for the ginger syrup)
- 2 oz 2 oz 2 oz Ginger Root, (about 4 inches, for ginger syrup)
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Pinot Grigio, (nearly an entire 750-ml bottle)
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Rum , (Spiced rum)
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Orange Juice
- 3 oz 3 oz 3 oz Lemon Juice
- Mint Leaves, for garnish
- Orange, slices, for garnish
- To make the syrup, pour the water into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the sugar until dissolved. Peel and roughly chop the ginger, add it to the saucepan, and allow to simmer in the sugar syrup for 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a blender and pulse to further incorporate the ginger. Allow to sit for 5–10 minutes, then strain the solids from the syrup.
- To make the sangria, combine the wine, rum, 6oz of the ginger syrup, and citrus juices in a large pitcher. Add ice and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and orange slices, if desired.
Adding a small amount of sparkling water to a glass of this sangria makes it extra-refreshing and fun!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week