Salted Vanilla Cashew Butter
Golden, delicious, nutrient rich, buttery cashews are lightly toasted then blended with a pinch of salt and infused with a subtly sweet hum of vanilla.
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Cashews, raw, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 175C (350F)
- Line a large baking sheet with baking/parchment paper (or a non stick silpat mat) and pour on your cashews, take care not to over crowd them.
- Roast your cashews for approx 10 mins, until slightly golden and lightly toasted. Watch them as they can catch and burn quickly - do not get distracted!
- Pour your toasted cashews into the bowl of your food processor or blender, add salt and process until smooth and creamy (or your desired consistency). Initially the cashews would grind down into a fine looking flour, give it a minute or two and the oils will extract and it will become deliciously, thick, rich and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Once you have blended to your desired consistency, add your vanilla then process again just to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly - add a little extra salt or more vanilla if you feel the need and if you prefer a thinner consistency feel free to add a drizzle of coconut oil to thin it out.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should keep well for up to 2 weeks - if it lasts that long! (seriously, good luck with that)
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week