Salted Caramel Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 24 fl oz 24 fl oz 24 fl oz Coconut Milk, 2 cans
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Dates (Medjool)
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Water
- 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pit dates and place in a bowl with warm filtered water. Allow dates to soak until complete with the coconut milk ice cream base.
- Shake cans of coconut milk and add all to a pan except 1/4 cup. Place the remaining coconut milk in a bowl.
- Add maple syrup to pan.
- On low heat gently whisk together the coconut milk and maple syrup until smooth and clump free.
- Add arrowroot flour to remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk. Whisk until the arrowroot flour is fully mixed with the coconut milk.
- Add arrowroot coconut milk combination to pan and whisk gently until fully incorporated.
- Continue to heat for around 4-8 min or until slightly thickened. Mixture should coat the back of a spoon. You may need to raise and lower the temperature during this process to thicken.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results or for at least 4 hours.
- To make date caramel drain dates and add to a food processor along with filtered water, sea salt and vanilla extract. Process on high until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to be mixed into the ice cream.
- Transfer coconut ice cream base to ice cream maker and follow directions. Once churning is a few minutes away from being complete pour date caramel mixture in top of machine and allow to thoroughly mix in.
- You can serve immediately for a soft serve consistency or place in a separate container and allow to harden and set for a few hours or overnight.
Ice cream base can be refrigerated for as little as 4 hours but you will yield better results if you refrigerate the base over night. Ensure you allow yourself enough time! Many brands of canned coconut milk have Guar Gum on the ingredient list. If you are following strict Autoimmune Protocol look for a brand that does not. My favorite is Native Forest Simple.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week