Rustic Pizza Sauce
This pizza sauce is a stripped down, rustic version of the one we put in our new cookbook, Make It Paleo 2. That sauce is great, but if you need something quick and have fresh tomatoes on hand, this will work perfectly. It comes together in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Vine-ripened Tomato, Diced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Naked Pizza Crust (Cappello's), (Pizza Crust Alternative) Buy your Pizza Crust from our friends at Cappello's
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Carve out the stem end of the tomatoes, and then dice into 1/4 inch cubes. This works best with a very sharp chef's knife or serrated knife.
- Add the diced tomatoes to a small saucepan or pot, over medium heat. Add the garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, and bring up to a bubbling simmer.
- Simmer the tomatoes for 10-15 minutes, and add a bit of olive oil as the juices evaporate. Stir and mash as it cooks, to bring it together as a sauce.
- Add to your favorite pizza crust, along with toppings, and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week