Rustic Apple Tart
This beautiful rustic apple tart makes a delicious center piece!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Fuji Apple
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Water
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel and chop two fuji apples. Add apples to saucepan with water and boil until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Then transfer to food processor and puree to get a small batch of applesauce.
- Use the food processor again to make tart crust. Combine almond flour, coconut oil, egg, and sea salt until it forms dough.
- Then roll dough out between two pieces of plastic wrap. Otherwise the dough will stick to your roller since we use almond flour instead of regular flour.
- Transfer rolled out dough to pie tart. I wet my fingers with water, since there is oil in the dough, to shift dough around until tart mold is completely filled.
- Spread homemade apple sauce on bottom of tart.
- Then, peel remaining apples and arrange apple slices in an overlapping circle until you reach the center. The thinner the apple slices the easier it is.
- Brush maple syrup over apple slices and bake at 450 for fahrenheit for ten minutes.
- Then turn down the temperature to 350 for twenty minutes.
- Let apple tart cool before removing from tart mold.
- Use a sifter to garnish apple tart with cinnamon.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week