Rump Roast Under Pressure
- Rinse the rump roast, and pat it dry.
- Heat the duck fat or lard in a pressure cooker* over medium-high heat.
- In a skillet, sear the rump roast on all sides.
- Using a short, sharp knife, make 1-inch incisions into the beef, and “stud” it with the garlic cloves.
- Season the beef liberally with the Adobo Seasoning.
- Pour the beef broth into the pressure cooker, and place the rump roast into the pressure cooker.
- Cook on high pressure for 1 hour. Carefully release the pressure, allowing all steam to escape before unlocking the pot lid.
- Remove, allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice, and serve.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can make this recipe in the oven by studding and seasoning the rump roast, and placing it in a roasting pan. Sear the rump roast at 500 degrees for 20 minutes. Then, finish cooking it at 325 degrees, allotting 30 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature reads 120-125 degrees for rare, 130-140 degrees for medium-rare.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week