Rosemary Olive Oil Plantain Chips
An easy-to-make, healthy chip recipe that makes a fantastic Paleo and AIP snack!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Plantain, green
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Rosemary, fresh, finely chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a large baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the ends off of the plantain and cut the plantain in half crosswise. Cut two slits into the skin from end to end (trying not to cut into the flesh) on both the top and bottom of each plantain half. Peel the skin off beginning at these slits.
- With a sharp knife, cut thin slices crosswise down the peeled plantain halves, as thin as you can make them. Alternately, you can use a mandoline slicer on the thinnest setting to slice the plantain.
- Add the slices to a bowl with the olive oil, sea salt, and fresh rosemary. Toss with your hands to evenly coat all of the slices with the oil and seasonings. Lay the plantain slices in an even, single layer on the foil-covered baking sheet. Try to leave a little space around each slice, if possible.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook until the plantain slices are slightly browned and crispy, about 20-25 minutes. Remove each chip as it finishes cooking to avoid overcooking or burning. Let the chips cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
For a step-by-step guide with photos, click on over to StrictlyDelicious.com!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week