Roasted Tomatillo Avocado Chicken Salad
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Tomatillo, husked
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Jalapeño
- 3 sprigs 3 sprigs 3 sprigs Green Onion
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime Juice
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Avocado
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt, divided
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper, divided
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Run the tomatillos under cold water and remove the husks. Take the jalapeno, green onion and tomatillo and brush with olive oil and set aside
- Remove your pound of chicken from the refrigerator and brush with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat your grill or oven to 450 degrees (I prefer grill for the smoky flavor).
- Once the grill or oven is preheated place the chicken and all the veggies on it.
- Cook the chicken about 6 minutes a side and then temp it. You want to take it off around 160 degrees because as it rests it will go up a few degrees.
- The tomatillos and jalapeno will take about 3-5 minutes a side. Tomatoes will be soft but not falling apart.
- The green onions will cook very quickly and will only take about 1 minute a side
- Pull each item off the grill when done (they will all be done at different times) and let it cool. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and let it sweat for about 10 minutes. Then shred it in to small pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes, green onion and jalapeno (deseed it first). Add all this to a bowl with the shredded chicken, diced onion, cilantro and lime. Mix thoroughly
- Once cooled add the mashed avocado and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately in the red pepper bowls or place in the refrigerator.
If your avocados are small you will need more than two. I would suggest two large ones or four small ones. Keep the pits of the avocados and put it in the salad when your refrigerate it. That and the lime will help decrease oxidation of the avocado.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week