Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Citrus Dressing
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
- 3 3 3 White Sweet Potatoes, large Japanese Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon zest, (zest from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 1 1 Lemon, juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Water, filtered or distilled
- pinch pinch pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
- pinch pinch pinch Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cilantro, a handful, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chives , chopped
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 Shallot, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Spread the sweet potato chunks evenly over a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with the melted coconut oil and season with the salt. Roast the sweet potatoes for 40 minutes, or until fork-tender. Stir every 15 minutes to allow them to cook evenly and prevent burning.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, make the dressing: Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl, whisking to blend the oil with the acid. Add the coconut sugar and whisk again until it has dissolved into the dressing. Add the cilantro, chives, and shallot. Whisk again to combine all of the ingredients.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and carefully transfer them to a large glass mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and carefully mix to coat the potatoes evenly in the dressing. Sprinkle the lemon zest over top of the potatoes and stir again. This dish can be served warm or cold.
You can line the baking sheet with foil to prevent the sweet potatoes from sticking.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week